Preventive Dentistry in NE Calgary, AB
Keep your smile as healthy as possible with preventative dental care in NE Calgary, AB!
Oral healthcare is vital during every stage of life.
Preventative dental appointments are key for your long-term dental health. By focusing on preventative dentistry, you can avoid more extensive and costly dental procedures.
Ultimately, preventative dental care helps keep your teeth healthy and also allows the dentist to identify any problems before they get more severe.
Dr. Brent MacDonald’s general dental clinic offers preventative dental services in NE Calgary, AB. Our general dental team focuses on helping you prevent common oral health concerns, including enamel wear, gum disease, and tooth decay.
What is Preventative Dentistry
There are several parts to preventative dentistry. In fact, much of it is done at home. Each day, you should brush your teeth at least twice and floss. These oral hygiene practices are vital for keeping your teeth healthy. Additionally, overall wellness is key. You should eat a nutrient-dense diet to ensure your teeth get the proper nutrients they need. Reducing sugar intake will also help to prevent tooth decay.
In addition to these at-home steps, you should also visit the dentist regularly for preventative dental care. During your appointment, they will clean and evaluate your teeth. This helps remove plaque and bacteria to keep your teeth healthy, and it gives the dentist a chance to identify any issues. This way, you can get early treatment for any concerns and avoid more severe oral health issues.
Preventative Dental Services in NE Calgary, AB
- Dental cleanings: Comprehensive teeth cleanings to remove plaque and thoroughly polish each tooth. Some dental cleanings include fluoride application or dental sealants.
- Dental exams: During your dental check-up with our dentist in NE Calgary, AB, we will examine your mouth for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, jaw issues, tooth discolorations, bite abnormalities, oral cancer, and other mouth diseases, as well as address any concerns you may have about your smile.
- Oral cancer screening: Regular oral cancer screening to ensure we can offer early intervention or referrals for abnormalities.
- Dental x-rays: We use traditional and digital dental x-rays in NE Calgary as essential and preventative diagnostic tools. With the help of panorex x-rays, we can safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and complete an accurate treatment plan.
- Digital dental impressions: With our iTero® Element Scanner, we can digitally capture a detailed 3D model of your teeth and gums. This process eliminates the mess of putty-based impressions, helping us better plan your custom restorations.
We’re Here to Help with Preventative Dental Care in NE Calgary, AB
It’s never too late (or too early) to start preventative dental care. Kids should visit the dentist as soon as they have a tooth to get on track for oral health. At the same time, preventative dental services in NE Calgary can help seniors enjoy functional smiles into their golden years.
Dr. Brent MacDonald is here to help with your preventative dentistry needs. Schedule your appointment at our general dental clinic today!
What we do?
You Might Also Like
Strengthen tooth enamel and protect your teeth with fluoride treatment.
Children’s dental care to help keep your child’s teeth as healthy as possible.
Dental cleanings remove plaque and bacteria and are a key preventative dental service.